This year, the Privacy Awareness Week (PAW) will revolve around how we can continue protecting the data privacy of Filipinos, promote economic recovery and building trust between the government, private institutions, and the citizens, all while we’re dealing with the pandemic. At a time where digital transformation is necessary to maintain a contact-less and efficient transaction, data privacy has come to the forefront of these developments.
Think of promos with discounts or freebies, awareness sessions, and games that customers can avail and participate in.
Take pride with your continued efforts to protect your data subjects’ data privacy and upholding their rights. You can also translate your policies and notices into videos or infographics to highlight your privacy compliance.
Conduct activities to engage your stakeholders and similar organizations. Encourage them to, not only know more about data privacy, but also comply with the DPA.
- Deputy Privacy Commissioner John Henry D. Naga
- Secretary Gregoria B. Honasan, DICT
- President Rodrigo Roa Duterte
|9:40||Privacy Commissioner’s Report
- Privacy Commissioner Raymund E. Liboro
|10:30||Upholding Data Privacy Rights in the pandemic response: a whole-of-nation approach.
- Dr. Eric Tayag, DOH
- Mayor Vico Sotto, Pasig City
- Undersecretary Jonathan Malaya, DILG
|11:10||Trusting the Philsys: Ensuring Social Protection, Financial Inclusion, and Vaccine Deployment
- Secretary Karl Kendrick T. Chua, National Economic Development Authority (NEDA)
- Undersecretary Denis F. Villorente, Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT)
- Mr. Jonathan Marskell, World Bank
|11:40||Online Learning and Children's Privacy
- Undersecretary Tonisito Umali, Department of Education
- Mr. Ramil Anton Villafranca, SaferKidsPH Programme
- Mr. Danny Cheng, De La Salle University Manila
|13:00||Breakout 1: Use of AI for WFH Employee Monitoring: A Balancing Act
- Atty. Jonby Bello, IAPP KnowledgeNet Philippines Co- Chairperson
- Atty. Princess Lou Ascalon, IBM Philippines
- Atty. John Paul Gaba, ACCRA Law
Breakout 2: I See You: Facial Recognition Technology for Online Transactions
- Ms. Maria Francesca R. Montes, UnionBank
- Mr. Lito Villanueva, Chairman, FinTech Alliance.Ph
Chief Innovations and Inclusion Officer, RCBC
Chief Digital Transformation Advisor, Yuchengco Group of Companies
- Atty. Nicka Hosaka, Grab
Breakout 3: Schrems II in a Nutshell
- Ms. Clarisse Girot, Asian Business Law Institute (ABLI) Singapore
- Mr. Wojciech Wiewiorowski, European Data Protection Supervisor
Breakout 4: Regulatory sandboxing - shaping better policies and technologies for consumers
- Mr. Melchor T. Plabasan, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP)
- Atty. Joana Michelle D. De Ocampo, Insurance Commission (IC)
|14:30||Circular on Administrative Fines Public Hearing|
|9:30||The Myth of the Privacy Paradox
- Professor Daniel J. Solove, George Washington University Law School
- DPC John Henry D. Naga
|10:40||Trust Encounters Session 1: eCommerce in the Pandemic and the Data Privacy Challenges
- Ms. Martha Sazon, GCash
- Dr. Ken Baylor, Paymaya
- Mr. Jason Brasileño, Lazada
- Undersecretary Ruth B. Castelo, Department of Trade and Industry
|11:20||Trust Encounters Session 2: Telecommunications and Consumer Trust
- Ms. Leah Camilla Jimenez, PLDT Inc.
- Ms. Lea Angela Reyes Riconalla, Globe Telecom Inc.
- Mr. Abraham Eleazar Quintos, Globe Telecom Inc.
- Atty. Adel A. Tamano, Dito Telecommunity
|13:00||Jurisdiction Reports on Covid-19 Response
- Privacy Commissioner Raymund E. Liboro
- Ms. Anne Russell
Information Commissioner’s Office, United Kingdom
- Mr. Stefan Niederer
The Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (BfDI),Germany
- Mr. Christopher Prince
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
- Mr. Marcel Vogel
Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner, Switzerland
-Ms. Kanoko Esaki
Personal Information Protection Commission, Japan
- Executive Director Ivin Ronald D.M. Alzona
Last year’s celebration of PAW focused on enabling trust in the new normal. We reimagined privacy in the time of pandemic and discussed challenges and opportunities faced by data privacy during this time.